Date: 28 July 2023
The World Hepatitis Summit is a public policy three day event bringing together a global audience of civil society groups, WHO and its Member States, patient organisations from the World Hepatitis Alliance’s 249 organisational members, policy-makers, public health scientists and funders. It aims:
- To increase the number of countries developing practicable viral hepatitis action plans by making use of the latest public health research and technical support from WHO.
- To improve the implementation of existing viral hepatitis action plans through the sharing of best practice.
- To support clause 1.3 of WHO’s Resolution WHA67.6 which urges Member States to “promote the involvement of civil society in all aspects of preventing, diagnosing and treating viral hepatitis”.
- To discuss funding mechanisms for medicines and/or diagnostics through engagement of key stakeholders.
- To raise the profile of viral hepatitis by engagement of international top-tier media.
- To encourage and direct public health research to where it is needed by engaging key global funders.
Read more click here