- Country profiles
- Data dashboard
- Satellite Pages
- About us
- WHAT'S NEW
|Dates :||28 Jul 2020 - 28 Jul 2020|
The World Hepatitis Summit is a public policy three day event bringing together a global audience of civil society groups, WHO and its Member States, patient organisations from the World Hepatitis Alliance’s 249 organisational members, policy-makers, public health scientists and funders. It aims:
1. To increase the number of countries developing practicable viral hepatitis action plans by making use of the latest public health research and technical support from WHO.
2. To improve the implementation of existing viral hepatitis action plans through the sharing of best practice.
3. To support clause 1.3 of WHO’s Resolution WHA67.6 which urges Member States to “promote the involvement of civil society in all aspects of preventing, diagnosing and treating viral hepatitis”.
4. To discuss funding mechanisms for medicines and/or diagnostics through engagement of key stakeholders.
5. To raise the profile of viral hepatitis by engagement of international top-tier media.
6. To encourage and direct public health research to where it is needed by engaging key global funders.
Read more click here